There are many farmers out there using Facebook rather successfully. There are more still that have not adapted to the technology yet. There are a number of reasons why people do not put their businesses on Facebook.
- Don't feel they have the time.
- Don't get what people are talking about.
- Cannot be bothered.
- Don't see the return on investment, ROI
- Holding out because you're set in your ways.
Hopefully you are here because you know that it is a great thing for your farm to have even a little presence on Facebook, and you are looking to get the most out of your investment of time. I only say investment of time, because Facebook is FREE!
There are many good reasons to join Facebook if you are looking to better market your farm.
- Better engagement with customers.
- Search Engine power for your farm website.
- An easy way for people to find you.
- A way for your customers to connect with you and each other.
- A public venue for you to showcase how awesome you are.
- The list goes on...
This article isn't going to convince everyone, though I hope that it does. It really only takes a couple of minutes to set up your Facebook account. If you need an over-view of the power and reach of social media networks make sure you watch my first video here. Here are a few highlights to put to rest some of your worries:
- It's free!
- It doesn't have to take much of your time.
- There are around 900 million people using it.
- It can be a public or private as you like.
- You can control the information people see about your business.
Hopefully you're convinced and we can get on to the tutorial. I really hope that these videos help you get set-up properly. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me in the comments section below or send m an e-mail.
The first video covers the three different types of Facebook pages that you can have.
- Personal Profile
- Facebook Business Page
- Facebook Group
I also cover what you have to do to get set up and started. In video two we'll go over editing your profile and some helpful places to find other resources.