Latest News: as of 6/8/2018
The season is in full swing and it is NUTS! I'm running to keep up with the farm, the brewery, and the YouTubes. It's that point in the year where I'm tired, my body hurts a bit, and I am grateful that the sun is shining and things are growing.
I have been publishing videos, if not strictly on schedule. I really enjoy the process, and sharing the information is fun. But man, it is a lot of work.
- Pigs are probably about 40-50lbs at this point and digging up a future pollinator garden
- My first batch of chicks are 3-4ish weeks from processing
- The hops are between 6-12 feet at this point, I'm struggling to keep up with the weeding
- The brewery is cranking out beer and my weekend farm tours are well attended
I'll keep on plugging along. This is what I signed up for! The rewards out-weigh any difficulties. We'll just see how it all balances out when my daughter Mabel is on summer vacation.
Support Us & Help Yourself
Help us cover our costs and continue to produce the best agricultural content around. We don't believe in donate buttons, instead, treat yourself to something fun and we'll take a cut.
I wrote three books about pastured poultry:
- Stress-Free Chicken Tractor Plans
- Pastured Poultry Packet #1: The Economics of Broiler Chickens
- Pastured Poultry Packet #2: Marketing Grass-Fed Chicken & Eggs
Email List Sign Up:
Sign up for a weekly summary of the new content we put out. No SPAM, no garbage, just a reminder that we're doing fun stuff.